Well today was my first day on my own at work. Yesterday was my bosses last day, so now I'm by my lonesome. Not necessarily a bad thing.
The day started with the morning greeting, then getting ready for Ernie Tyree and his band. At 10:30 we had music and dancing in pod 2. I first moved all the furniture around, then I got most of the residents from all the other pods and brought them to pod 2. The caregivers helped out with moving the residents so it wasn't to bad. After about an hour of dancing with our group of people and about half of the people from the adult day care center across the street. I brought them all back to their homes for lunch then put all the furniture back. Then I had lunch bunch (which is basically having lunch with the residents and helping the caregivers serve and clean up afterwards) in pod 4. Took a 15 minute break, then did table games in pod 3. After that I handed out ice cream cones to all pods. Clean up that mess. And went and did my paper and tried to get some of the activities room cleaned up. And now at the end of the day I've decided I'm tired.
The day started with the morning greeting, then getting ready for Ernie Tyree and his band. At 10:30 we had music and dancing in pod 2. I first moved all the furniture around, then I got most of the residents from all the other pods and brought them to pod 2. The caregivers helped out with moving the residents so it wasn't to bad. After about an hour of dancing with our group of people and about half of the people from the adult day care center across the street. I brought them all back to their homes for lunch then put all the furniture back. Then I had lunch bunch (which is basically having lunch with the residents and helping the caregivers serve and clean up afterwards) in pod 4. Took a 15 minute break, then did table games in pod 3. After that I handed out ice cream cones to all pods. Clean up that mess. And went and did my paper and tried to get some of the activities room cleaned up. And now at the end of the day I've decided I'm tired.


4 Comments:
What is your actual job title?
(I still don't know what mine is.)
You know I'm really not sure. Normally the person in charge of activities is the activities director, but I don't really have the state qualifications for that yet so... I really don't know.
Gloria, I'm afraid people (the ones who have linked me that is) are going to have to change their links to my new url.
It's a very tragic story....
Awesome work at your new job, you are going far girl!
So... I would really like to hear from you about your job we should find sometime out of our crazy lives to meet for french fries or something... O.k.?
Post a Comment
<< Home