July 15, 2005

Birds Are Every Where!!!!

I'm serious they are every where. In the past two weeks we have met up with four baby birds.

First: Is the baby owl my Dad found behind our shop. I never saw that one because I was at work when he found it. And my Mom brought it the wild life preserve (that is what I think they call it) before I got home. So I just heard about this one.

Second: Last Tuesday or Wednesday my Dad knocked down a nest of starlings and there were three baby birds in the nest. He didn't knock it down on purpose. One of the baby birds died right when the nest hit the ground. The other two we found quite a while later when Samuel heard them in the black berry bushes. So he saved the other two and put them in a nest that he had saved from the year before. We hoped that the mother would find them, but she never did. The second bird died sometime that night. And now the third bird is a box in our kitchen Tina is trying her best to keep it alive. The bird is doing quite well really, but is constantly eating. Like ever half hour we have to feed him. I was up at 11:00 PM last night feeding it. So far he is alive and well. If anyone knows anything about baby birds and has some advice, I'm sure Tina would love to hear what you have to say.

Third: And last but not least. A friend of ours was getting wood from behind our shop when he heard screeching noises. Want to guess what he found? A baby owl. I did see this one. He was pretty big for a baby, and he was all white with fuzz. Pretty cute if you ask me. He was none to pleased about being found though. He screeched and jumped and made a lot of noise. Anyway we took him to the same place as the other one. Now I hope you know why I said birds are everywhere.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

Just so you guys know. Tina's baby bird died last friday night.

July 19, 2005 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too bad. I've never raised wild birds, but ducks and chickens can be really cool. We hatched them in an incubator so we got to raise them from very young. You would think that after so many times of doing that I would get used to having fatalities, but I still don't. I'm pretty pathetic for a country girl, Eh?!

~CJ

July 20, 2005 1:43 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Don't worry I cried about dieing animals until I was at least 14 or so. So I'm a pathetic country girl to I guess.

July 22, 2005 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home