In answer to...
This post is in answer to a anonymous question. Though I have stated this before I will do so again so everyone may be clear on the answer.
Question: "Anonymous said... If you are going to allow anonymous comments, why delete them, especially when they are funny?"
Answer:
1. I only allow anonymous comments because that is the only way you can get the"other" option. And I have that option so my friends that don't have blogs may comment. When (if ever) all my friends get blogs I will get rid of that option.
2. I delete all anonymous comments. It does not matter if they are funny or not. If you want to post a funny comment post it under your name. Why be anonymous? I don't like the fact that I don't know who is posting. I like to know who is posting on my blog. So when a anonymous person posts I delete their post not because of anything that they said, but more because I don't know who is saying it.
3. To boil it all down I don't allow (or like) anonymous comments. I want to know who is posting so if you want to comment and not have it deleted then use your name. Very simple.
Question: "Anonymous said... If you are going to allow anonymous comments, why delete them, especially when they are funny?"
Answer:
1. I only allow anonymous comments because that is the only way you can get the"other" option. And I have that option so my friends that don't have blogs may comment. When (if ever) all my friends get blogs I will get rid of that option.
2. I delete all anonymous comments. It does not matter if they are funny or not. If you want to post a funny comment post it under your name. Why be anonymous? I don't like the fact that I don't know who is posting. I like to know who is posting on my blog. So when a anonymous person posts I delete their post not because of anything that they said, but more because I don't know who is saying it.
3. To boil it all down I don't allow (or like) anonymous comments. I want to know who is posting so if you want to comment and not have it deleted then use your name. Very simple.


5 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
It sounds simple enough to me. What is the person scared of that they have to be anonymous?
BTW: How are you doing Gloria? Can you e-mail me your mailing address?
Most of the world thinks that surfing the Web is an anonymous thing...like no one will ever know where they've been and such. They get used to that--but they'd better not use Google then because their search and IP address is recorded permenantly.
There are only a few places I would try to remain unknown--and in those cases I should probably just not go there.
I've found out who posted anonymously on my blog before after the fact, and it really didn't make any sense to me. But then, there was a time I couldn't imagine me spilling my thoughts publicly on a blog of my own---and just look at me now!
Anna: I'm doing fine. Um. I'll have to get your email address from either Mark or Brandy, then I'll email you mine.
Mark: Thank you for your thoughts on this matter.
Post a Comment
<< Home