June 18, 2005

I was gone but now I'm back!!

So did anyone miss me? Probably not considering the fact that I was only gone two and a half days. Now I will tell what happened during those two and a half days that I just disappeared.

Lets start on Thursday morning at 7:00 AM. Michael woke me up at 7:00 AM to tell me that Homeplace called. (that was the place I was trying to get a job at.) And he said that they asked for a Gloria, and he told them that no one was here by that name. And of course I screeched WHAT!! Then he said just kidding, you need to call them back. So I did and at 8:00 AM I went to my fourth job interview since the beginning of May. *sigh* Bet you are just dieing to know if I got the job. Well guess what I got the job!!!! I was so excited!! Well I start at 11:30 AM Monday morning. SWEET!! Okay to go on about the day. We left a little late because some people were late coming to our house. But finally we got on the road and on the way to camp. Its kind of hard to explain to you what the camp was like without pictures (I'm still working on that) but I will try my best. We had three separate camps. First was the Schooland/De Haan camp. Second was the Sybrandy/Kok/Wolters camp. Third was the Drake/Vander lei camp. Does that make sense. I hope so. Our camp was at the fare end of all the other camps. Cassi and I both slept in her tent at our camp. Thursday was mostly setting up camp and then eating dinner.

Okay about Friday. Thursday night was a rotten night for me. I did not sleep very well at all. It also rained most of the night and most of Friday. But that was not so bad. We played card games and went and played volley ball and capture the flag after the rain went away. Capture the flag was really fun. While some of the men were cooking dinner and I was braiding my sisters hair. Rev Kok was imitating other peoples voices. Like Yoda and Kermit the frog. And also quite a few others. That was pretty funny to listen to. Plus he kept the attention of most of the kids for a very long time. It makes it a whole lot easer to get things done without kids underfoot.

Saturday we ate breakfast and broke camp. I got home around noon. And that is the end of my telling of my camping for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home