June 06, 2005

Shopping, Baking, And Crocheting

I decided to write about some of the things that I have been doing lately.

First: Shopping. For you guys out there this may not interest you. For I have yet to meet a guy who likes to shop. But I have met a few girls who wouldn't go shopping if you paid them a million bucks. But that is completely besides the point and way off subject. Sorry I do that a lot. Last Monday I took my sisters Tina and April to JC Penny. They got themselves dresses. The dresses were normally 69.99 we bought them at 19.99. sweet deal!! They are really really cute dresses. I got myself two shirts and two skirts. Its nice to have a few more things to wear for church.

Second: Baking. Today we went a baking spree. I baked zucchini bread and no bake cookies. And Tina baked this really good chocolate cake. Mmmmm really good!! If someone wants the recipe I can post it for you.

Third: Crocheting. Since March I have making blankets. I have made five baby blankets for friends of mine that have had babes. Now I am working on a big blanket for my Dad. We went to Michaels (my dream store) and picked out the yarn together. Its dark blue and kind of a rusty red. This one will take a while to get done.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Micheals, it's one of my favorite stores, too, but most of the time, the stuff they sell costs an arm and a leg! I would definately go there more often if the prices were better.
Esha

June 07, 2005 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of those "don't really like shopping" girls, but I am excited because Esha and I are going out this afternoon to a fabric store that is closing out. The deals are amazing. You buy one pattern and get three free. Now if thats not a good deal, what is!)

Now baking is another story. I LOVE to bake. Anything from making simple cookies to making a whole dinner myself (complete with a roasted chicken, Mmmm).

I am not quite into crocheting at the time, as I lost my hook, but I was at a time. I never made anything big though, the biggest thing I made was a throw pillow, very pathetic!
-CJ

June 08, 2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Hey Esha I know about the prices. I go there some times and look at the stamps that they have. But I don't buy them most of the time.

June 08, 2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Hey CJ thanks for coming!! Don't worry about the crocheting small things. I started small. And since then I have grown to bigger things. I still have the problem of adding stitches. So the blanket is small on the bottom and big on top. So just keep trying.

June 08, 2005 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks,
I will!
~CJ

June 15, 2005 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home