August 18, 2005

Names.

You know in the bible names were chosen because of there meaning. So I thought it would be interesting to wright down everyone's names that is in our youth group and some of my friends names and their meanings. If I missed someone please tell me.

Amy or Amiee......................A Woman Beloved
Andrea..................................Strong or Proud
Angela...................................Angelic
Annabel.................................Joy or Beautiful
Cassandra.............................Helper of men or Winning love
Gloria.....................................Glory to God or Glorious
Nicole.....................................Conqueror
Rachel....................................Gentle innocence or Lamb
Rebekah or Rebecca............Enchantress or Firm

Daniel.....................................God is my judge
David......................................Beloved
Joseph....................................He shall add or Prosperous
Joshua....................................God is salvation
Lance.....................................Man servant or Warrior
Mark......................................Belonging to Mars or War-like
Michael..................................Like to God or God-like
Peter......................................Firm as a rock or A rock
Travis....................................Traveler
Tyler......................................Tile maker

If I skipped over your name it either means that I could not find it in my book or I over looked that name. If you want to know the meaning of some more names just post the name and I will try to find the meaning for you. And also the reason that some people have two meanings to their names: is that I have two books so I wrote down both meanings if they were different. ~Gloria~

10 Comments:

Blogger Cassi said...

You skipped over Brandy, Kayla,and Brittany! Ha ha, you missed! :)

August 18, 2005 11:15 PM  
Blogger Kayla DeWaard said...

Brandy ..... an aftre-dinner drink made from distilled wine :)
Brittany .... from Britain
Kayla ..... crown, laurel, or crown of laurel

August 19, 2005 1:07 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

ooooh, yay :P oh well, *sigh*

August 21, 2005 9:09 AM  
Blogger Gloria said...

yah well I know. I couldn't find their names in my book. So I didn't know the meaning.

August 21, 2005 3:06 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Also one more thing. All of you people who do not have my blog linked to yours will have to find a different way of coming to my blog. Because I made it so that my blog will be shown on the internet but not anywhere on blogger.com. Use my address to get to my blog or link mine to yours. Okay

August 21, 2005 3:10 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

new post!!!

August 24, 2005 7:39 AM  
Blogger Cassi said...

ya, newwwwwww postttttt!

August 24, 2005 12:22 PM  
Blogger Cassi said...

also, its spelled write not wright my dear. :) lol

August 24, 2005 12:23 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

NEW POST!!!!! NEW POST!!!!! NEW POST!!!!! NEW POST!!!!! NEW POST!!!!!! NEW POST!!!!

ughh..now i'm hoarse from screaming :) :) :)

August 27, 2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Gloria said...

I get the idea. But you should not be saying that Brandy. How often do you post? Hmmmmmm.

August 28, 2005 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home