February 02, 2006

The Twelve Disciples of Jesus Christ (Part 3)

James The Son Of Zebedee

James was married, and had four children. He lived in the outskirts of Capernaum by his parents. He was a fisherman by trade. James was in partnership with his brother John, Andrew and Simon Peter. James had a fiery temper. Maybe that is why Jesus Christ nicknamed him as one of the "sons of thunder."
James was also around thirty years old when Jesus Christ called James to follow him. James was mending nets with his father and brother when Christ called James to follow him. (Matt 4:21, Mark 1:19) James was one of the disciples at the Pentecost. After that no one knows for sure were he went.
James martyrdom was about 10 years after the stoning of Stephen. This occurred under the Hand of Herod Agrippa. His main accuser was so moved by James conviction and testimony that he gave his life over to Jesus Christ. Both James and his accuser were beheaded together in A.D. 36. James was the first of the disciples to die a martyrs death.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very informative! The ending especially is very moving --how his very accuser turned to Christ. Wow!
BTW, what are you taking at school? Hehe, I should probably know that by now :D

February 03, 2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Cassi said...

you might like this template:

http://www.blogskins.com/apply.php?sid=7693&action=Preview

February 04, 2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Ruth: I'm still homeschooled so I'm not really taking anything right now. I'm still thinking about college.

Cassi: It is very cute but I think I will leave my blog the way it is right now.

February 04, 2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger ~*!*~Abby~*!*~ said...

interesting!!

February 09, 2006 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home