Famous Inspirational Quotes
I don't know how "inspirational" these are, but I thought some of them were pretty good.
"Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great, make you feel that you too can become great."
-Mark Twain
"A ship in a harbor is safe; but ships are meant to sail."
-John Shedd
"The wise person questions himself. The fool questions others."
-Henri Arnold
"Reality is someone else's idea of how life should be."
-Jon Shanahan
"If you're strong enough, there are no precedents."
-Francis Scott Key
"The applause of a single human being is of great consequence."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
"I have been misunderstood perhaps more than anyone else ever, but it has not affected me, for the simple reason that there is no desire to be understood. It is their problem if they don't understand. I am not going to waste my sleep because millions of people are misunderstanding me."
-Osho
Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
-A.A. Milne
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everyone has decided not to see."
-Ayn Rand
"Watch with glittering eyes the world around you. Those who do not believe in magic will never find it."
-Roald Dahl
"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity."
-Oprah Winfrey
"You can eat an elephant - one bite at a time."
-Unknown
"Success is how high you bounce when you hit rock bottom."
-George Patton
The man who hasn't read a good book has no power over the man who can't."
-Mark Twain
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm."
-Abraham Lincoln
"Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down."
-Thomas Jefferson
"The question isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me."
-Ayn Rand
"I can last two months on a good compliment."
-Mark Twain
"Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change."
-Eric Golnik
"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."
-David Barry
"It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to love someone, but a lifetime to forget someone."
-Anonymous
"In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you take, but how many moments took your breath away."
-Anonymous
"The only way to have a friend is to be one."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
"How beautiful a day can be when friendship touches it."
-Anonymous
"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out."
-Jerome Cummings
"Friendship lightens every burden and makes the sun shine brighter."
-Anonymous
"Promise me you'll never forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave."
-Winnie The Pooh
"Machine guns are for cowards. Give me a rifle."
-General George Custer
"When I was born I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half."
-Gracie Allen
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."
-Italian Proverb
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather - not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."
-Anonymous
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain
"We begin to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
-Anonymous
"Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great, make you feel that you too can become great."
-Mark Twain
"A ship in a harbor is safe; but ships are meant to sail."
-John Shedd
"The wise person questions himself. The fool questions others."
-Henri Arnold
"Reality is someone else's idea of how life should be."
-Jon Shanahan
"If you're strong enough, there are no precedents."
-Francis Scott Key
"The applause of a single human being is of great consequence."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
"I have been misunderstood perhaps more than anyone else ever, but it has not affected me, for the simple reason that there is no desire to be understood. It is their problem if they don't understand. I am not going to waste my sleep because millions of people are misunderstanding me."
-Osho
Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
-A.A. Milne
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everyone has decided not to see."
-Ayn Rand
"Watch with glittering eyes the world around you. Those who do not believe in magic will never find it."
-Roald Dahl
"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity."
-Oprah Winfrey
"You can eat an elephant - one bite at a time."
-Unknown
"Success is how high you bounce when you hit rock bottom."
-George Patton
The man who hasn't read a good book has no power over the man who can't."
-Mark Twain
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm."
-Abraham Lincoln
"Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down."
-Thomas Jefferson
"The question isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me."
-Ayn Rand
"I can last two months on a good compliment."
-Mark Twain
"Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change."
-Eric Golnik
"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."
-David Barry
"It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to love someone, but a lifetime to forget someone."
-Anonymous
"In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you take, but how many moments took your breath away."
-Anonymous
"The only way to have a friend is to be one."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
"How beautiful a day can be when friendship touches it."
-Anonymous
"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out."
-Jerome Cummings
"Friendship lightens every burden and makes the sun shine brighter."
-Anonymous
"Promise me you'll never forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave."
-Winnie The Pooh
"Machine guns are for cowards. Give me a rifle."
-General George Custer
"When I was born I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half."
-Gracie Allen
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."
-Italian Proverb
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather - not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."
-Anonymous
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain
"We begin to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
-Anonymous


3 Comments:
the last one's my favorite.... pretty cool :)
i like the A.A.Milne one best, of course. :)
There are quite a few that I like in that one. But I would have to say the last one is also one of my favorites.
Post a Comment
<< Home