February 12, 2006

The Twelve Disciples Of Jesus Christ (Part 12)

Judas Iscariot

And last but not least Judas Iscariot. He was born in Kerioth, a small town in southern Judea. When he was still a boy his parents moved to Jericho. He lived there till he was grown. Later he became employed in father's various business enterprises until he became interested in the work of John the Baptist. Judas's parents were Sadducees, and when Judas joined the disciples they disowned him. Just before he became a disciple of Jesus Christ, Judas was looking for work at a fish-drying enterprise at the lower end of the Sea of Galilee. To my knowledge Judas never married.
How Judas was called to be with Jesus as his disciple I don't know. But we do know that he was in charge of the money. Perhaps the thing that Judas Iscariot is best known for is his betrayal of Jesus Christ. Not a whole lot else is known about him. His betrayal is at the center of his life. Even people who are not familar with the Bible know of this story.
Judas's death is probably the most sad of them all. Because the Bible can tell it a whole lot better than I can, I will quote from the book of Matthew. "Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemed, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? See thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself." Matthew 27:3-5 And that ended the life of Judas Iscariot.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were interesting. Thanks for posting them Gloria!
Linz

February 13, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

I'm glad you liked it. Maybe I might do something like that again. But at the moment it was way to much typing.

February 13, 2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger ~*!*~Abby~*!*~ said...

COOL!:)

February 14, 2006 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home